Friday, January 13, 2012

Crocheted Alligator - Part 2




Ahh, at last! It's an Alligator!!

This pattern can be purchased at: Skymagenta's Etsy shop

I really had a great time making this and learning a new stitch. Watching this fella come together and really be something was the best part of the whole process. I would highly recommend this pattern, very easy to read (even for a beginner) and follow.

Now you might notice but I did do a small change to the eyes. I went ahead and used plastic eyes instead of crocheting them. I had bought some eyes awhile back and have been waiting for an opportunity to use them. I was under the impression that the back washers screwed on. No, they don't. The back actually has to be pushed on and if you put them in the wrong place your stuck with it cause they don't come back off. Well unless you use your teeth and some ump and force it off (like I did)!! Haha!

So just a reminder to those of you who haven't used them yet...make certain that you have them in the exact spot you want before putting on the washer!

No comments:

Post a Comment