Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ponderings...

It seems like I have been on a crochet frenzy for the last year and a half. Blankets for almost every member of my family and the venturing into new territory of learning to read patterns and experimenting with all the new stuff I have been learning in the last 6 months. Working nearly everyday, through the frustrations and challenges, tirelessly persevering.

Since my injuries, I have had 3 weeks of light crocheting when I can. The problem is... I have hit a sort of plateau. My desire to sit down and crochet has somewhat waned. I have a tote bag that just needs a strap and yet the desire to make that strap is blah. I have also started a ripple baby blanket and I just don't have the fervor to get'r done, like I once had last year.

I am beginning to think that I might have burnt myself out too fast and furiously. BUT I know myself all to well, that if I was just to stop crocheting altogether, it will just make it even harder to pick it back up again. Oh the conundrum!

Just thought I would share my thoughts of the day. Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. Hope ya cheer up & get out of the crochet blah... I go through that sometimes & not pick up a hook for weeks, months then one day get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happens sometimes...give yourself a little break...it will return...

    ReplyDelete