Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ramblings of a Crochet Slacker

Today has been one of those days where you know you need to get things done but the "want to" is just not there.

I currently am working on:

An order for 5 dolls (cartoon characters). I have three done, the pieces for the fourth doll are sitting in my tote waiting to be put together. All the yarn, felt and stuffing for those dolls are sitting on my office table, thankfully those still have a little more time left on them before they are due to be done.

I also have two bags that my mom asked if I could finish for her, those need to be done sometime in the next 2 weeks .

Pieces of a baby's pillow bear have been sitting behind me for almost two weeks waiting to be put together.

A Kitty is in the works but that is slow going cause I am writing the pattern as I go, so my table next to my chair in the living room is covered with the yarn for that, along with papers of my scribbles.

I looked around this afternoon and said "That's it, I can't take this mess any longer!" I went around gathering all the left over yarn, scraps, supplies and was putting it away in my somewhat organized craft (Ok fine, it is a yarn closet) closet only to find the three unfinished Monkey Loveys that I was doing in a crochet along.

I also signed up for a Christmas Ornament Swap that is due to be done in two weeks also. Spent most of the day browsing through patterns looking for that something that screams "Yes, make me". I did find one but still need to find one more.


So, I guess you could say I am feeling a little overwhelmed and it is nobodies fault but my own. I want them all to be finished right now! LOL! Mostly cause I have soo many other projects running through my head just waiting for their chance.

Good news... is I just finished the bear! haha

1 comment:

  1. and I thought I was the only one having this problem hahaha .... our summer has arrived with a vengeance, so my poor crochet stuff suffers as the brightly summery materials lure me into their clutches and a new pattern begins!! Have fun

    ReplyDelete